Here are some hot and cold recipes for when it's chilly outside. Whether you want to get all warm and toasty or bring a little chill, we have options for you.
We’ve all been obsessed with frappuccinos at one point or another and then realized that they had more calories and sugar than should ever be ingested at one point in time. I will admit my mouth still waters a bit thinking of the caramel and whipped cream. Yum. Here’s a recipe that brings back the fun and chill of a frap but with a healthy, levity, spin.
The night before:
Brew 3/4 a cup of levity and place it in the fridge.
Peel 1 banana and place it in the freezer.
- 3/4 a cup of levity (chilled overnight)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 serving of chocolate protein powder
- a handful of chocolate nubs (I like dark chocolate, but feel free to choose your fave)
- 1 cup of almond milk (or soy, coconut, or milk if you can handle dairy)
- Place the banana, milk, and protein powder in the blender and blend until mixed.
- Add ice and blend.
- Add in your chocolate nubs and blend on low to incorporate them.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
vegan coffee ice cream
I’m not a vegan myself, but who doesn’t love healthy ice cream. This recipe can be used with frozen bananas as the base or coconut milk, feel free to sub one out for the other depending on your preference.
The night before:
Peel and chop 2 bananas and place it in the freezer in aluminum foil.
Brew and place a cup of levity in the fridge.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of levity (chilled)
- cocoa powder (to preference)
- Place the banana in the food processor with the levity and blend until the consistency is slightly creamy.
- Add cocoa powder and mix again.
- Serve, or place in the freezer to chill a bit longer.
cinnamon cranberry water
Normal water can be a bit boring. Add some pizzaz to your water with this simple recipe. Even simple doesn't do it justice.
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- a cup of cranberries
- Wash and prep the cranberries.
- Add cranberries and cinnamon a large pitcher (even better if you have an infuser) of water.
- Add water.
- Place in the fridge.
winter in a pot
If you want to add some winter scents to your home, here is an easy way to make your house smell like spices and holidays.
2 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Place all of your ingredients in a pot with 4 cups of water and just before it boils, lower it to a simmer. Let the mixture simmer for an hour or two and enjoy the holiday scent!